The biggest misconception about Fashion PR is that it’s all about parties and being glamorous. These stereotypes have been conceived through TV show and movies. Well think again because Fashion PR is hard work with lots of responsibility. Aspiring Fashion PR professionals need more than just a stylish wardrobe.
Here are a few Fashion PR skills that you’ll need:
- Attention to detail: Make sure you spell people’s names correctly in News Releases, invitations, etc.
- Gain exposure: You need to constantly be working on gaining exposure for your line. For example, you can accomplish this by talking to editors about what styles they want to show in upcoming shoots.
- Take pride in your work:Don’t present mediocre work. Put a 100% effort in everything you do.
- Keep track of your budget: Especially when it comes to planning an event.
- You are never a guest at your own events: You need to always remain professional at your events; it is not a time for you to party.
- Keep your clients happy: Celebrity clients are extremely demanding. You need to accommodate their needs the best you can even if their request seems somewhat ridiculous.
- Keep calm and carry on: Long hours and a fast pace are things you have to deal with.
The Different Types of Fashion PR:
- In House PR – You work in-house for one brand. You take care of many day-to-day things, and are able to have close relationships with the editors and stylists of one brand.
- Agency PR – You work for a company that represents lots of different brands. It’s fast pace work with more stories to pitch, more events to plan, and more clients to juggle.
- 12 Fashion PR Agency Pinterest Accounts to Follow (prcouture.com)
- Special Offer: How to Pitch Ebook and Fashion Media Lists (prcouture.com)
- Front Row Fashion PR: Q&A With Simply Stylist Celebrity & Style Expert Sarah Pollack Boyd (prcouture.com)